Jane McClure and I are scheduled to present our session on "Arranging Your Life When Dialysis Comes Home" on Sunday, March 7. We will cover:
- Examining the impact of Home Dialysis on a couple/family
- Planning your Home Dialysis Space for comfort, efficiency, and safety
- Drawing on Designer expertise to create a space that feels like home -- rather than an ICU room
- Finding storage solutions for dialysis supplies
- Supporting the ever-important Caregiver by recognizing and preventing Caregiver Burnout.
What we have to offer may not be rocket science. We don't pretend to compete with the "hard science" to be presented in some of the other sessions.
But, we would offer that anything that makes Home Dialysis more user-friendly -- more approachable for patients and families -- represents an important contribution to the Dialysis Community.
We invite Conference participants to join us for some practical solutions for your Home Dialysis challenges.
Hope to see you at the Conference.
Take care. Linda Gromko, MD